Log in or Register for enhanced features | Forgotten Password?
White Papers | Suppliers | Events | Report Store | Companies | Dining Club | Videos

Supply Chain
Return to: LBR Home | Supply Chain

Bahri, Bolloré create new logistics JV in Saudi Arabia

LBR Staff Writer Published 20 July 2017

Transportation and logistics provider Bahri has entered into an agreement with Bolloré Logistics to create a new logistics joint venture (JV) to serve customers in Saudi Arabia and surrounding region.

The new firm will be operated under the name Bahri Bolloré Logistics with headquarters in Riyadh.

Under the deal, Bahri will hold a 60% stake in the JV, while Bolloré will own the remaining 40% interest in the company.

The new JV will allow Bahri and Bolloré to expand their logistics and supply chain management services within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).

Bahri Bolloré Logistics will provide end-to-end logistics and supply chain solutions to the firms based across the region and international companies doing business with the Saudi.

According to Bahri, the JV will leverage Bolloré’s global reach and logistics platform, along with Bahri’s local logistics expertise, wide customer base, strong maritime expertise, and its fleet of advanced multi-purpose vessels.

Bahri acting CEO Ali Al-Harbi said: “Bolloré’s global capabilities in logistics and supply chain management, coupled with our regional knowledge and depth of expertise in transportation and logistics services, will help unlock synergies and operational efficiencies powerful enough to propel the new venture toward becoming a logistics partner of choice for companies around the region.

Bolloré Logistics Middle East and South Asia CEO Philippe Lortal said: “This collaboration will intensify Bolloré Logistics’ development in the Middle East, which is definitely a key region for our organization, mainly because of its strategic location at the crossroads of Asia, Africa, and Europe.”


Image: Bahri and Bolloré have signed an agreement to establish new logistics joint venture. Photo: courtesy of Bahri.